Wednesday, 27 May 2015 10:20

How Britain foiled MUHAMMADU BUHARI'S 'coup' against the Goodluck Ebele Jonathan Government

Written by
Rate this item
(0 votes)

AN ALMAJIRI AT NUMBER 10 DOWNING STREET IN LONDON ASKING FOR ALMSDEAS!

Sad tale of a General without a vision, without a Blueprint, without a Plan of Action or Action Plan. Hey, Buhari! Go home...go and put on your thinking cap! Go home, Buhari, go and think for yourself. Just where is your BLUEPRINT, GMB? Too, too early to be running from pillar to post, Mr President-elect.

Proverbs 29:18 King James Version (KJV)
18 "Where there is no vision, the people perish: but he that keepeth the law, happy is he."
"My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children," Hosea 4:6 (KJB).

THE NATIONAL TRANSITION COMMITTEE AT LAST, BUHARI GETS HIS MUSLIM-MUSLIM TICKET!

Mohammed Namadi Sambo
Mohammed Namadi Sambo

Alhaji Mohammed Namadi Sambo, Vice President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria and Chairman of President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan's half of the National Transition. Committee. He's a Muslim from the North.

Alhaji Ahmed Joda
Alhaji Ahmed Joda

Alhaji Ahmed Joda aged 85 years - a Muslim from the North of Nigeria is the Chairman of Muhammadu Buhari's side of the National Transition Committee. (NTC)...Echoing Kaduna Nzeogwu's coup speech of 15th January 1966..."We seized power to stamp out corruption, regionalism, nepotism..." Political sensitivity and inclusivity means if President Goodluck Jonathan had chosen his Vice President, a Muslim from the North to head his half of the National Transition Committee (NTC), the President-elect ought to show political sensitivity and inclusivity by equally appointing his Vice President-elect Professor Oluleke Osinbajo, a Christian from the South as the Chairman representing him and the APC on the National Transition Comittee! In the name of God, national consciousness/sensitivity/feelings/interest, are there no Christians good enough for the job? Muhammadu Buhari is well known for his legendary snubbing of Christians and the South of Nigeria generally.

HOW BRITAIN FOILED MUHAMMADU BUHARI'S COUP AGAINST THE GOODLUCK EBELE JONATHAN GOVERNMENT ON MAY 23, 2015

Muhammadu Buhari has continued to ignore my advice and he is already paying dearly for it. Just last week, May 23, to be precise, he was left standing outside the front door of Number 10 Downing Street in London like the beggar at the Beautiful Gate in the Bible, or to drive the point home, like an Almajiri asking for alms - first and foremost, to his personal embarrassment and shame, then to the embarrassment and shame of the country and all Nigerians, Africa and all persons of African ancestry.
Since Buhari got the votes of Nigerians through the ELECTIMIDATIONS on March 28th, 2015, he has been conducting himself already as the President of Nigeria, making policy pronouncements, competing for headlines/front pages with the President of Nigeria - a deliberate ploy by himself and his Party, the APC to spite the incumbent Goodluck Ebele Jonathan and the exalted office of the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. And I have been warning him against forming a parrallel Government as Nigeria cannot have two Presidents at a time.

In fact, in one of my numerous articles telling him he was by so doing forming a parallel Government, I remember asking him why he was in such a hurry? And When on Saturday May 24th, I learnt he went to Downing Street to meet Prime Minister David Cameron, I screamed out and asked myself: WHAT FOR? IN WHAT CAPACITY? AND UNDER WHAT PLATFORM?

In that extreme anger, embarrassment and shame, I sent an email to a close confidant, Pastor Elijah Ajijola to express my displeasure about the way and manner the President-elect has been conducting himself already - Tony Blair keynoting at an APC organised conference and telling the incoming Government about the steps they needed to take in governing Nigeria, or rather, in fighting corruption.
Following thereafter, I had a great depression and sleepless nights as I kept pondering over APC's, Buhari's folly and by extension, that of all persons of African ancestry. All this while, I had not learnt about his being abandoned at the front door of Number 10, all alone in the world like somebody who sleeps rough, until this morning, May 25th, 2015 as during my usual ritual I was going through Nigerian papers online to get home news. Again, I had to get in touch with Pastor Ajijola immediately, this time on the phone to narrate the shame as I had the picture of the President-elect of the most populous African nation on the planet earth standing all alone like a deserted sluggard at the corridor of one of the most powerful countries in the world to ask for 'alms', this time in form of ideas and tutorials on democracy and good governance as to how he should run his country, starting from May 29th including where to start from.

If this incident had taken place in the days of the military, when because of their generally limited education, they were carrying on as if Nigeria and indeed, Africa was a colony of any country in the West, such that once they had overthrown a Government they sought the support of Western powers, who took advantage of the intellectual limitations of the African military and offered such verbal support in return for the plundering of the country's/continent's natural resources, it would yet have been considered as the ugliest in the history of civilization.

WILL AFRICAN LEADERS NOW GET THE MESSAGE IN THIS MISTREATMENT OF BUHARI THAT PEOPLE ELSEWHERE DON'T LOVE AFRICANS, BUT THEIR RESOURCES AND WHAT THEY CAN GET FROM AFRICANS?

How could anyone contemplate this absurdity that a Party and a former Head of State who have just won an election did not know what to do, how to start and from where to start in governning their country, to the point of crossing the Atlantic to hire a man for whom nobody in Britain has regard to come and tell them what to do? Is it just that they truly don't have ideas of their own or it's just another manifestation of colonial mentality borne out of inferiority complex which I have come to the invevitable, but painful conclusion that it is a fundamental problem of the bunch that make up the APC or just a photo opportunity with an Oyinbo man (English man), which again, explaining such attitude at the level of psychoanalysis still boils down to inferiority complex amongst the members of the APC - they need the approval of a Westerner to show the Nigerian electorate how connected they are internationally, which again is attributable to their innate grasshopper complex psychoanalytically speaking.
This is what the voodoo prosperity gospel peddlers too have been doing to show to their very gullible miracle-seeking customers they are international figures by merely bringing people from this part of the Atlantic to grace their church anniversaries, birthdays, ordinations, just christenings, foundation laying ceremonies, etc of their new and obscene 'Business/Retail Parks' which pass for worship/miracle centres, where they aim to extort more money from the gullible miracle seekers - their 'spiritual' customers. All these are a sign of inferiority complex and goes to show the buffoonery of Africans, a thoroughly conquered idiots, who need the approval of other races - in this wise, Westerners before they can be assured of their humanity!

Buhari is just a President-elect and he does not yet have a geographical territory, or territorial armed forces, or have power and authority over any realm and clime in any corner of the globe, so cannot conceive the idea of meeting a foreign Head of Government, Prime Minister, President in their countries, etc, at this time for any reason whatsoever. Buhari by his act has displayed what I 'd like to call here: STUPENDOUS FOLLY AND CRASS IGNORANCE which are tantamount to a coup, but was foiled by Britain, a country well known for its legendary diplomatic integrity, democratic principles, order and decency.

Psychoanlytically speaking, all this running from pillar to post like a headless chicken flapping its wings, begging for ideas all over the world by a Muhammadu Buhari are just a clear manifestation of the fears, nervousness, anxieties, fire, total void and blankness going on in Buhari's mind right now with the reality of the Nigerian situation now dawning on him and how he will face Nigerians and the world in the coming days, weeks, months and years to tackle the multifaceted challenges confronting the country at this time - that is why having a blueprint for one's vision ahead of time is sine quanon for times like these; that is why too, I had suggested to Buhari and Oluleke to embark on a retreat to a quiet place, cutting themselves off from the crowd, where they both could pray, fast and pray in line with their faiths, seeking the face of the Almighty God concerning Nigeria, rather they were both stupid to have stayed back with Buhari ensconcing at Defence House to receive in the name of solidarity visits, the empty professions of loyalty, praises and choruses of the members of the Alleluia Band (AB), The Boy is Good Band (BGB) and He's a Jolly Good Fellow Band (HJGFB) - the very people who will soon and very soon stab both of them in their backs just as they are doing to Ebele now.

If truly, Oluleke Osinbajo is a man of God, he should know as a student of the Bible that all prophets of God including Jesus Himself, never used such an occasion as this for merriment, but retreated to the wildernes/deserts, mountains, brooks, valleys, the temples, lonely places, the synagogues to seek the Lord's face concerning the assignment/s and ask Him to give them wisdom, divine grace and guidance as in the case of Solomon in 1 Kings 3, New English Translation:

4 The king went to Gibeon to offer sacrifices, for that was the most important high place, and Solomon offered a thousand burnt offerings on that altar. 5 At Gibeon the Lord appeared to Solomon during the night in a dream, and God said, “Ask for whatever you want me to give you.
6 Solomon answered, “You have shown great kindness to your servant, my father David, because he was faithful to you and righteous and upright in heart. You have continued this great kindness to him and have given him a son to sit on his throne this very day.
7 Now, Lord my God, you have made your servant king in place of my father David. But I am only a little child and do not know how to carry out my duties. 8 Your servant is here among the people you have chosen, a great people, too numerous to count or number. 9 So give your servant a discerning heart to govern your people and to distinguish between right and wrong. For who is able to govern this great people of yours?

I have read all the rubbish and ignorance being displayed by Nigerians who are commenting on the so-called mistreatment of Muhammadu Buhari by Mr David Cameron, and by extension, Great Britain. But I for one, these are just mere sentiments and unnecessary verbal outpourings on Mr Cameron and his Britain. Just how do you treat a fool; how do you treat a man who is out in a far-flung land plotting a coup against a sitting President, in this case, Goodluck Ebele Jonathan?

Britain has not insulted Nigerians and their country - rather David Cameron and his Britain have by this shown that they are friends of Nigeria and Nigerians and indeed, true allies! They were merely and politely too, showing Buhari, his APC and the crooks therein how to apply SIMPLE SENSE, not common sense, because in the field of psychology, it has been proven again and again that COMMON SENSE IS NOT COMMON TO EVERY BODY!

A foreign General wanted to plan a coup in a foreign land, and Britain has helped us to foil it. So we should be very grateful to Great Britain; a foreign General wanted to jump the gun and was shot and disarmed by a friendly nation; a foreign General who disguised in mufti tried to gatecrash and he was brought down from the fenced wall by the vigilant guards at Number 10; an intruding foreign General was being taught a few lessons in what I call TRAJECTORY DEMOCRACY - how to shoot a General turned Democrat without missing and Nigerians are everywhere hollering like wolves in the wild - for DEMOCRACY IS ALL ABOUT ORDER, DEMOCRACY IS ALL ABOUT FOLLOWING DUE PROCESS; a foreign General is being helped by Britain to be demilitarised on behalf of the good people of Nigeria, yet Nigerians are making noises all over the place; a foreign General is being decolonised by Britain on behalf of Nigerians and rather than being thankful, Nigerians are crying; just what took an ordinary citizen of Nigeria like Buhari to the seat of Government of a foreign nation - did he not lie to Nigerians who defied all threats to their lives in a super-active volcanic polity like Nigeria including the heavenly elements to vote for him on March 28th, 2015 that he was going on a private visit to London to rest preparatory to the swearing-in date on May the 29th, 2015?

Britain was merely telling him to stop junketing about, stop globe-trotting - go and dust your manifesto and blueprint and come up with your PLAN OF ACTION/ACTION PLAN for at least the first 100 days in office, just because Britain told Muhammadu Buhari to stop forming a parallel government, Nigerians are crying - PARALLELISM EQUALS ANARCHY (PEA), this is the message of the United Kingdom to Muhammadu Buhari, APC and the THE HOUSE OF UTHMAN DAN FODIO to curb or outrightly cure them of their unwarranted obtrusiveness and gross disrespect for constituted authority. It is hoped all exploiting Muhammadu Buhari's conginital gullibility will this time take note? But as for my country men and women, they should commit it to memory that: ONCE A SOLDIER, ALWAYS A SOLDIER; ONCE A COUP

PLOTTER, ALWAYS A COUP PLOTTER!

"Hey! Mu'ammadu Bu'ari, where is your blueprint?" This is all Britain was telling Nigeria's President-elect. "Go home, Mu'ammadu Bu'ari! Where's your BLUEPRINT?"

There is nothing wrong in a nation politely telling an ever impetuous and fiery General: GO HOME AND WAIT FOR YOUR TIME. Not learning to wait for one's time is out-running God. And when a person outruns their God, they often shipwreck like Jonah. So where are they today, all those official and unofficial parrots, canaries and alsatian dogs around Jonathan who were involved in political gymnastics and bombasts, tackling real and imagined enemies of their pay master, challenging every passerby to a duel in a Bolekaja-like manner: "Come down make we fight", "Abi they swear for you?" "Abi you no know who you dey play with?" "Abi I be your mate?" "Abi you dey mad? By the time I finish with you, you go know who I be?" Once again, I ask: Where are the parrots, the canaries and the alsatian dogs of yesterday? Where, where, where, just where are they right now?

Here again is a most auspicious time to say to Africans: THOU FOOLS!

If Buhari is a wise man and of a philosophical make, here is a time for him to appreciate Nigeria as the ONLY country on this Planet Earth he has to call his own, so guide it jealously, holding Nigeria in his palms, neither too tight, nor too losely, lest it falls and breaks into pieces beacuse as the Great Zik said: "A broken bottle has no mekwatalism - you cannot piece together the pieces of a broken bottle together.
But is there any where in Nigeria that Muhammadu Buhari, a Nigerian General of the first rating will be treated like this? To use barracks expressions: "Who sai?" "Who born monkey"! To conceive a thing like this against Buhari in his fatherland is to risk death by firing squad. Again, is there, any country in Africa, where Buhari, a foremost African General will receive this kind of treatment? Never! I thank God, that an event like this has been used by Him to vindicate my writings and the reasons why I am always very hard on all our leaders who instead of playing fatherly role to all Nigerians are promoting ethnicity, regionalism, favouritism, nepotism and corruption. Of a truth, THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE HOME. And I like to say to all Nigerians, home and in the Diaspora: THERE'S NO COUNTRY LIKE OUR NIGERIA, for only in Nigeria can Nigerians apsire to be whatever they want to be and so become and be treated with 100% dignity and utmost respect. So for anyone to threaten the nation, they will make it ungovernable or soak dogs and baboons in blood because things don't go their way is crass stupidity.

After this experience in Britain as has just happened to Nigeria's former Head of State, will any sane Nigerian again threaten the nation thus? In life, it is not meant that things must always go one's way. If it doesn't happen right now; it is because it 'll happen today. And if it does not come as planned today, it means, it will materialise for you tomorow, and if not tomoroow - NEXT TIME. This is the stuff in which life is made of - if not now; today, next time, because life is all about NEXT TIME. And for those who did not win in the just concluded elections in Nigeria, I say congratulations because you will win NEXT TIME!

If by this experience in Britain, Buhari does not love Nigeria, and all Nigerians equally; cherish Nigeria the more; cuddle her the more; value her the more; appreciate her the more and go on to treat all Nigerians equally; develop everywhere in Nigeria equally and distribute the nation's wealth equally, but choose to listen to the Arewa Consultative Forum and members of his ethnic stock who are already claiming it's their turn once again and act otherwise, then it is my prayer for Muhammadu Buhari to remain at 72 a FOOL and be so FOREVER!
Before I return to the subject why this same Buhari who by embarking on such an unnecessary journey to Number 10 cannot fight corruption, let me pick the brains of my readers, have you ever thought about the grave security risk to the person of Buhari which at the end of the day only Buhari would have himself to blame? Before leaving Nigeria, did Buhari deign to inform the Nigerian President and by extension the Nigerian Government; was the Nigeria High Commission aware of Buhari's trip to Number 10 Downing Street, if yes, any security arrangement in place, if both NO, why not; when Buhari was standing outside the door of Number 10, who were with him, why did those with him, if any, not join the President-elect to keep him company and reduce the shame and embarrassment; what security arrangements were made for him; were they any associates of his with him, if yes, who were they, and if No, why not; was the Nigeria High Commissioner carried along regarding Buhari's trip to Number 10, if yes, what DIPLOMATIC ADVICE did he give to dissuade the President-elect about the unreasonableness of such a visit and what was Buhari's response to his advice?

Lastly, how long was Buhari kept outside and has Muhammadu Buhari through this incident personally learnt anything by/for himself such that he can henceforth: THINK FOR HIMSELF?

All said and done, the abandonment of Buhari in front of Number 10 was a replay in a foreign land of what Bola Ahmed and his gang were doing to him, whilst the lacklustre campaign leading to the ELECTIMIDATIONS that will see him back in power on May 29th, 2015 lasted. Buhari was then simply turned into a zombie or allowed himself to be turned into a zombie who had to be told everything - when and how to laugh, gigggle, grin, grimace, when and how to dance, what to eat, how to demonstrate strength/toughness, how to greet, how to walk, how to shake hands, what to wear, how to read including all the how-tos in the world - a situation that well fitted into Fela Anikulapo Kuti's ZOMBIE WAY NA ONE WAY, AJORO JAJORO...TELLAM TO GO QUENCH...TO GO DIE...
In a democracy, my candid advice to Buhari is: MUHAMMADU BUHARI, PUT ON YOUR THINKING CAP! You can get away with being a robbot, puppet, marionette and a dolomite in a military regime, certainly NOT in a democracy. A WORD IS ENOUGH FOR THE WISE.

Symbolically and spiritually too, as Buhari was left by the door of Number 10 Downing Street in London, United Kingdom, that is how successive Nigerian Government, including earlier Buhari's has pushed Nigeria, an erstwhile giant of Africa to the corner of the world; whereupon Nigeria right now stands at the Gate Beautiful of the world with a bowl begging for bread and alms. But can this same Muhammadu Buhari who was abandoned at the front door of one of those countries of the world who still dictate the pace of things, be able to return Nigeria back into the inner chambers of the comity of nations, where she can once more, take her pride of place and be reckoned with by the world as she was once?

Lest I forget, the Jonathan Government, even though has just a few days to go MUST put appropriate machinery in place to investigate this shame, and if after the GEJ Government has exited, Nigerians will still want to get to the bottom of this shame, naming and shaming all who instigated Buhari's unnecessary trip to Number 10, investigate them with appropriate punishment meted out to them.
They are some APC members who have cases to answer on this side of the Atlantic and they are exploiting the gullibility of Buhari to placate the West!

A GENERAL'S ERROR OF JUDGEMENT...THE SAD TALE OF A PRESIDENT-ELECT WITHOUT A THINKING CAP...THE PRICE BUHARI HAS TO PAY FOR HIS INABILITY TO THINK FOR HIMSELF!

***Whilst the dictionary definition of corruption is highly restrictive, the Adumaean definition encompasses all undignifying acts as a President-elect banning a news group in a democracy, in this case, the AIT from covering his activities/programmes in the guise of security precaution, thus making himself a tyrannical potentate who will arrogate to himself, even when he is not yet sworn in, the dignity of setting ethical codes of practice for the nation's news men and women and in the process of so doing usurping such role as spelt out in the constitution of the federal republic of nigeria and the role of the Nigerian Union of Journalists and such other media regulatory bodies in Nigeria. What is more; by such parochialism, making himself a theocratic despot giving the impression that the AIT journalists were terrorists who had just escaped the military might of the Jonathan boys from Sambisa forest and were out for their last attacks at the Defence Building, where the President-elect is currently esconced as if telling the Nigerian electorate who had just been brow-beaten into casting their ballots under duress for him that, "Once a soldier, always a soldier...Old soldier never dies."

If Buhari has decided to continue with his traditional despotism, couldn't he have gone the way he knows best and be quartered in Doddan Barracks? But why the choice of hiding at Defence Building to dish out orders, making good his fellow Bolekaja wayfarers' threat of forming a parallel government, disregarding the authority of the sitting President as if telling his Western Media friends having snubbed the home media to tell the world that "My administration is an off-shoot of the one of 1983-1985 when he truncated the duly elected democratic Government of Alhaji Shehu Shagari, and was himself to be sent packing later by the foxy Niger Fox."

***From my Mind Leprosy: An Anatomization of Corruption & Prescriptions. This blueprint will soon be published on Vigilance and made available to the incoming Government of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. Perhaps, a document such as this which has dissected corruption in Nigeria from 4500 BC till the present may be able to stop Muhammadu Buhari's fears and nervousness in the face of the daunting realities of the socio-politico-economic, cultural, moral and religious malaise in Nigeria which makes him go begging for ideas around the world and end up disgracing himself and his race.

*****JOHN ODEY ADUMA, British Chevening Scholar and Publisher was formerly Chairman, Editorial Board of the Daily Times of Nigeria Plc, Executive Secretary, Foundry Association of Nigeria, (FAN), Coordinator and Public Affairs Manager, THE PASTORAL RESOLVE (PARE) and Chairman, Murtala Muhammed Memorial Lecture Planning Committee and Member, The National Technology Summit.

Read 4484 times Last modified on Wednesday, 14 October 2015 10:06

Leave a comment

Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.

Our Aims

• To expose all levels of corruption in Nigeria, especially official corruption and by so doing ensure probity and accountability in every sphere of the Nigerian life.
  • To within the body politic stir up the spirit of nationalism amongst Nigerians aimed at pushing back the tides of ethnic chauvinism, tribal jingoism, religious bigotry, oligarchism, cronyism and nepotism.

READ MORE

Reach Us

Hello, feel free to write us your opinion/suggestions about our website or drop us a mail at

4 Stockwell Lodge,
Medical Village,
Rosedale Way,
Cheshunt,
EN7 6QQ

© 2021 scorpionnewscorp.com. All Rights Reserved.

Search