Holding every Nigerian to account for every service rendered in every little corner of Nigeria
The aims of Scorpion therefore, are:
- To expose all levels of corruption in Nigeria, especially official corruption and by so doing ensure probity and accountability in every sphere of the Nigerian life.
- To within the body politic stir up the spirit of nationalism amongst Nigerians aimed at pushing back the tides of ethnic chauvinism, tribal jingoism, religious bigotry, oligarchism, cronyism and nepotism.
- To consciously promote and encourage ultra-radical journalism and nurture the culture of investigative practice and awaken the dormant intellectualism within the Nigerian academia.
- To consciously encourage the culture of professional eccentricity amongst journalists and intellectuals aimed at putting a stop to the culture of journalism that promotes deification or the worship of individuals, especially moneybags and top public servants.
- To consciously promote unity amongst Nigerians, indigenous languages, values, creativity and innovations.
- To consciously groom a generation of rebels and mad Nigerians both at home and in the Diaspora, who will join forces to do battle with the current Nigerian ruling and oligarchic classes, and who on totally dislodging them together with their acolytes and offspring will establish true democracy, good governance and the rule of law in the body politic and adopt as it were, a slogan to be known and called NO MORE BUSINESS AS USUAL.
- To re-orientate the psyche of all Nigerians, both at home and in the Diaspora and create a new Nigeria whose people can express themselves freely and proudly exhibit their national identity under the banner I LOVE NIGERIA without recourse to ethnicity and tribal enclaves.
- Finally, to usher in the long overdue Nigerian renaissance and encourage national consciousness in all that Nigerians think, say and do.
The task ahead is not going to be easy, but with the collective efforts of all Nigerians at home and abroad, all friends and well-wishers of Nigeria across the globe joining us in this crusade by reporting all sharp practices in that country including all their unpleasant experiences in the course of doing business, or just visiting Nigeria for other enterprises, we are well able to uproot the evil tree in the House of Nigeria.
Above all, with God on our side we are able to root out corruption and general insecurity in the erstwhile giant of Africa, make her a paradise of glory and a beautiful bride for foreign investors and tourists once more. We therefore, call on all Nigerians, friends and well wishers of Nigeria to send us information, documents, facts and figures detailing all forms of corruption in that country. Although steeped in stupendous corruption, the current Government may not be willing to take action against established corrupt cases or be favourably and genuinely interested in fighting corruption as the saying goes, â€œHe who lives in a glass house should not throw stones,â€ we are prepared to press for prosecution of all cases relating to corruption in any form in Nigeria by enlisting world leaders and relevant international bodies such as the United Nations and Transparency International.
According to recent information on Nigeria courtesy of the National Bureau of Statistics, more than 100 million Nigerians live on less than $1.00 a day. Oil - rich Nigeria, and indeed, Africa with all its superabundant natural and manpower resources has no business being poor.
Although our focus at this time primarily is Nigeria, we should welcome information on corruption from other African countries on other African corrupt rulers.
We should like to add that the management of Scorpion does not take responsibility for any publication herein and their aftermath.
Ridding Nigeria, indeed Africa of corruption is a task that must be done! Don't just talk about it, report it and take action.
Until I return may the Great God of Nigeria stir up the spirit of the coming revolution in you even as I profess my faith once more in our dear country